Under the supervision of the Production Supervisor this position is primarily responsible for ensuring operators are trained, relieved for breaks and ensuring productivity is carried out on their specificed lines or responsibility. The principle responsibilities outlined below must be performed in accordance with all applicable regulations, safety guidelines, and corporate policies.
Essential Job Duties
Ability to perform individually to LEVEL 4 OPERATOR requirements. (See Operator Job Description and Skill Based Pay)
- Manage the daily activity of the Operators on your team to ensure their performance to expectations including proper PPE expectations
- Relieve for breaks and monitor to expected time
- Coordinate and conduct all training of new employees
- Ensure all workstations are left in proper condition at the end of every shift. (Scrap removed, areas cleaned, supplies present)
- Ensure Job Travelers are all posted at proper location with approved first piece samples
- Ensure scrap and downtime sheets are present and filled out accurately and completely at each operation
- Ensure production control boards and cell boards are completed accurately prior to shift end
- Ensure that all jobs are completed with accurate counts and that any overrun is previously approved by Plant Manager or Logistics Manager
- Move finished skids off the line so new skids can be placed (pallet jack/ forklift)
- Change out drop boxes from belly conveyors and/or presses
- Answer alarms at machines that does not require a specialist (Processor, Set-up, Maintenance, etc.)
- Collect scrap at machines and coordinate locations for proper disposition once recorded properly on Opeator scrap sheets.
- Assist in the activities and coordination of Grinding and Reworking all product on production floor.
- Provide required packaging components and raw materials as needed (cardboard, bearings, hubs, pallets, etc.)
- Conduct regularly scheduled 6S audits for team accountability
- Abilty to utilize lean tols to reduce waste and product variations
- Actively participate in scheduled Rapid Improvement Events (RIE)
- Provide back up to Production Supervisor
Other Duties as Described in Skill Based Pay (once proven) can result in qualification for higher pay levels.
- LEVEL 4 OPERATOR CERTIFICATION or Equivalent external experience
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years in an industrial atmosphere is preferred
- Fork lift certification
- Good communication skills with ability to interface with all departments
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This person will be required to walk, stand and/or communicate with all applicable departments
- The person could routinely lift up to 50 lbs.
- This position requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) distance vision (clear vision at 20 ft or more) color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) peripheral vision (ability to observe and area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distance and spatial relationships) and ability to focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.