Under the supervision of the PRODUCTION SUPERVIOR and other assigned leaders, the primary responsibility is the handling, recovery, movement and disposition of all materials on production floor. It is critical to ensure that all machines have all proper materials identified by the Shop Order available at all times to ensure continued production of quality product at our standard production rate and that the proper organization and labeling of product is complete at all times.
The principle responsibilities outlined below must be performed in accordance with all applicable regulations, safety guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Resin, Color, Packaging, Ball Bearings, Sleeves, Gears, Screws, Regrind, Scrap, Skids, Etc.
Responsible for ensuring all material handling/loading equipment is functioning properly and properly maintained at all times to prevent any machine down time or delays in start up
- Daily Calibration of Color Feeders/Blenders
- Appropriate cleaning and maintenance on material loaders and filters
- Monitoring of all central material handling system alarms and taking the appropriate, immediate action to address the issue
- Proper cleaning of equipment between material/color changes
- Proper cleaning of throat magnets throughout shift
Responsible to ensure that any available regrind is being used on all jobs at the maximum allowable percentage by customer or CEW requirements at all times and proper completion of associated reporting methods
Must ensure that no spilling of materials occurs on the production floor by closely monitoring the entire process, making improvements, adding suggestions and submitting Work Orders to eliminate root cause of problems. If an incident happens that allows resin or materials fall on floor or machines it must be immediately cleaned up
Responsible for ensuring that no material contamination occurs in any of the process in the facility through execution of proper material identification, handling and equipment/container cleaning methods
- Responsible for ensuring that ALL boxes and containers on floor are properly labeled at all times
- Responsible for timely removal of all finished skids and/or boxes from presses to staging area
- Responsible for wrapping and labeling FG Skids as they are completed and approved
- Responsible for making of appropriate boxes to support shifts packaging needs
- Responsible for returning all unused supplies from work areas to correct storage areas and keeping those storage areas properly labeled and organized at all times
- Responsible to identify any Shop Order variances on materials, components or packaging to Production Manager for correction.
- Assist in providing operator breaks
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned by PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years in an industrial atmosphere is preferred
- Fork lift certification
- Good communication skills with ability to interface with all departments
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This person will be required to walk, stand and/or talk or hear
The person will occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
This position requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) distance vision (clear vision at 20 ft. or more) color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) peripheral vision (ability to observe and area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distance and spatial relationships) and ability to focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.