Under the direction of the TEAM LEADER, this position will assist in the manufacturing and processing of plastic wheel assemblies and custom injection molded parts.
The principle responsibilities outlined below must be performed in accordance with all applicable regulations, safety guidelines, and corporate policies.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for proper execution of standard work instructions, Blue Book customer requirements and producing product that meets the quality requirements at a standard job production rate throughout shift
- Must accurately complete the following documentation:
- Scrap Report as the scrap occurs throughout your shift when removed from RED SCRAP BINS
- Takt Board at start of shift and hourly throughout shift
- Any end of shift reports and paperwork
- Responsible for identification of any suspect quality product and placing that into the RED SCRAP BINS and review per the Scrap Escalation Process
- Responsible for maintaining your work area in a clean and orderly manner at all times
- Floor must be kept clean of any and all debris throughout your shift
- Items in your work area must be kept in their identified Home Locations
- Responsible for alerting production team of any issues as they occur so immediate corrective action can be taken by utilizing machine alarms as instructed to ensure optimal output of the work cell
- Responsible for conducting yourself based on the 28 behaviors
- Responsible for assisting in the training of new employees when applicable
- Responsible for performing all activities in a safe manner and making others aware of unsafe conditions
- Responsible for contributing and sustaining continuous improvement processes and compliance to the CEW safety and quality system
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned by Team Leader
Other Duties as Described in Skill Based Pay (once proven) can result in qualification for higher pay levels.
- High school diploma or GED
- One to Two years in a industrial environment preferred
- Good communication with the ability to interface with all departments
- Excellent vision, dexterity and coordination
- The physical demands and work environment described is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The person will be required to see, walk, stand for long periods, and /or talk or hear
- The person will occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- This person requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) distance vision (clear vision at 20 ft or more) color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up or down right or left while eyes are fixed on a given point) depth perception (Three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and special relationships) and ability to focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring objects in sharp focus).
- The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.